ARE DECIDED to reach an agreement to this effect, and I emigrated to Canada at the age of 35 in 1980 I am 76 now and I received a reduced pension since I was 65, I read on the Canada website that if you have lived in Canada for 40 years (what I have) that you are entitled to the full pension is the Government of Canada with international social security agreements that cover old Age Security and the Canada Pension Plan. If you have contributed to the PQ, but not to the CPC, please contact the Quebec Pension Plan. If this is the case, it is preferable to collect CPCs and have SS removed (if Canada does) or to have the SS CPC deducted. I recognize that I can collect the OAS one way or another, and I also have a public pension for which I took early retirement (U.S. court) started receiving it last year because I needed it. Many immigrants had a career before moving to Canada, and they may be eligible for a foreign pension from another country. Because Canadian residents are taxed on their global income, new immigrants are often surprised that their foreign pensions could be subject to Canadian tax, although the amounts may not be taxable in the country that pays the pension. To avoid this unpleasant surprise, it is important to seek the appropriate legal aid from an experienced tax lawyer in Canada. I am a Canadian citizen – worked in the United States for 3 different companies (28 quarters in total), returned to Canada in 2009.

Have worked as an employee and also independent for parts of this period. Currently (I am 73 years old), I receive CPP/OAS services at the same time as a supplement of QPP – I am employed as a teacher, so my income varies depending on the course load. Is there, as an income recipient in the United States, a certain 7-year pension that I could receive because of the high amount of mandatory SS contributions I made while I was employed in the United States? You know that I am not directly entitled to U.S. pension benefits because I do not fill the required 40 quarters of employment. … would an additional benefit under international agreements be available in this regard? My father is 74. He arrived in Canada from India 8 years ago (at the age of 66) via the Family Class Sponsorship Visa. He is currently a Canadian citizen.

He has no source of income because he has never worked in Canada. I am only wondering if he has the right to apply for the OAS in accordance with the provision of the international social security agreement between Canada and India, when he has not been here for ten years. Hey, Doug. The question of the method of calculation. I lived in Canada for 15 years during my OAS assistance period, then moved to the United States and worked there for 10 years before moving abroad. I understand that I can receive payments from the OAS on the basis of the agreement that has been reached in that country. But my question is, what do I get paid for? My question is that my stay in Asia can be considered a residence in Canada, based on my relationship with Canada during the absence, so I start getting the OAS in 2020, if I move to Asia Hi Binu – I am not an expert on the contribution aspect of one of the agreements, but I think there are very limited options depending on your status in Canada and for what type of employer you are working for.